We’re always looking for new ways to make our lives all the more convenient and easier. Enter the brand-new generation of LiftMaster by Chamberlain garage door openers. It’s the smart way to control your garage door.
Years ago, LiftMaster figured out the best way to connect garage door openers to Wi-Fi. It was so successful that now, most of their models now offer the MyQ technology. This allows homeowners to better monitor and operate their garage door opener from their smartphone or internet-enabled device.
That’s right: Now, it’s easy as pie to open your garage door from absolutely anywhere at the touch of a button.
The LiftMaster 85503 features technology that makes your life easier. This includes:
- A built-in camera
- 2-way audio
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Smartphone or tablet control
Never miss what’s going on at home again.
The built-in camera features
- Motion detection
- Night vision
- Manual 360-degree rotation
- Live-streaming 1080p HD video
So, how do these features actually help you out?
Well, now you can easily see what’s going on at home from your smartphone. Never miss the kids coming home from school or package being dropped off. These things are easy to monitor and control.
Here’s an example of what will show on your smartphone device when somebody activates your garage door opener as they get through your garage door.
You can watch anybody and everybody around your garage door in real-time.
But How Do They Get in Your Garage First?
There are 2 different ways to allow users to enter your garage using the smart LiftMaster garage door opener and the MyQ app
1. For one-time, single-use access:
- Send them an SMS text message asking that they alert you when they’re waiting at your garage door.
- Open the door for them using the app.
- Keep an eye on them as they enter your garage.
- You can close the garage door behind them from your smartphone.
- Then, just repeat these steps when they’re ready to leave again.
We’re all busy these days. So, don’t worry, there’s also a solution if you can’t always watch your phone to look out for a text message or let them in.
2. You can give access to the users easily with the MyQ app
There are 3 different easy-to-use access methods:
- A recurring weekly access can be given to a user who enters your home at the same time every week.
- Temporary access can be granted to someone who needs to enter your home at a scheduled date and time, for example a repairman or cleaner.
- Or, always giving access to a trustworthy person, like your family members.
Look closely at these 6 images and see how easy giving access is
How will the app look on your smartphone? LiftMaster MyQ app lets you select the relationship you have with your added users. Then, you can select the type of access you want to grant them.
What about selecting a recurring or temporary access? It’s simple. Just select the chosen date and time and when you want the access to end. It’s easy to set up and monitor all from the MyQ app on your smartphone.
It’s easy for your guest user to set up. Once they receive the email invite, they just go ahead and download the application and create his or her own MyQ account. From there, they can access your home based on the access your grant them, and you can keep an eye out at all times.
With this MyQ feature, you can also easily set up notifications to see what each of the 5 users is doing with their devices in real time. What’s more, their actions will be listed and easy to review through the event history option.
REMEMBER – Guest users won’t have access to:
- Event history
- Camera feed
- All configuration functions
- Commercial operators or gate openers
Here are some examples of how these features can be helpful in real life:
- Your nanny needs to access the house at 3pm every day to watch the kids after school. You can set up your garage door to allow access at this time every weekday.
- Let your dog walker in easily by allowing them access when they come to walk the dog every Wednesday morning.
- Waiting on the plumber to fix your burst pipe but need to go to work? No problem. You can give them one-time access at the time of their scheduled appointment.
That’s right, a smart garage door opener can do ALL THAT.
Here’s something else that will blow your mind!
You can even hear and talk to people through your garage!
The 2-way audio built in the LiftMaster 85503 offers:
- Live 2-way communication
- Adjustable volume
- Enable / disable the microphone
You can set up your alert notifications to know when a user has entered the garage doors, and then you can easily chat to them in real-time!
See when Rachel is entering your garage, get notified, and then say
You can now talk to her or give her special instructions. Maybe you need extra cleaning done or want the dog taken for a longer walk today because you’ll be home late. No need to worry, just ask her directly, even if you aren’t home!
It’s your home, it should feel safe and secure.
Since the LiftMaster 85503 has even added additional safety features that homeowners love because they provide enhanced security.
- Battery Backup > What does it mean? Power gone out? No need to panic. You can open and close your garage door with battery backup.
- Electronically Protects against forced openings > What does mean? If someone tries to force their way into your garage, it will detect it and push back to resist unauthorized entry!
- SECURITY+ 2.0 safeguards garage access by sending a new code with every click > What does it mean? No more letting lucky burglars in with outdated garage door openers. Your garage door will be the safest and securest out there.
- Alert-2-Close flashes the light and makes a bip sound > Why should you care? This prevents accidents by alerting people or pets to the door closing so they can get out of the way.
Safety Sensors > What are those? Also called photo-cell safety beams, these safety sensors stop doors closing on obstructions by detecting them.
- Motion-detection lighting so you can always see whenever you enter your garage.
What else can you do with the smart LiftMaster 85503 and your smartphone?
Let’s go over all the excellent features that this smart garage door opener has to offer one more time:
- Open and close the garage door from your phone, in real-time, from anywhere.
- Give access to the users you want: No more giving our passwords or keys to people you might not be able to trust.
- See what’s going on in your garage whenever and from wherever.
- React to what’s happening in your garage. Talk to anyone in your garage, whether it’s your kids or a delivery person.
Here are the other useful features that the LiftMaster 85503 smart garage door opener has to offer:
- Customize your alerts. You can choose when you get alert notifications sent to your phone.
- Check the status of your garage door. No need to worry if the kids shut the garage door behind them or if you accidentally left it open on your way to work. Now, you can have complete peace of mind by checking the status of your garage door at any time from your smartphone.
- Get in-garage deliveries when you order online. Since stealing packages is a thing or maybe the weather is questionable, you can provide extra security with in-garage deliveries.
View past activity with either a 7‑day or 30‑day video storage option, available via a monthly subscription.
So, think maybe it’s time to change your garage door opener?
Any garage door openers installed before 1993 are outdated and insecure. Plus, they make it much easier for burglars to access your home. In fact, 9% of burglars enter home through the garage door. That’s why it’s definitely time to consider upgrading your garage door opener model.
Don’t think you need a built-in camera? Want something simpler? Maybe you want to shop around for other, smaller models of garage door opener?
Ok, that’s fine… there are other great door opener models you could look in to. But it’s not always easy to know what kind of model or features you want. Garage door openers can be a bit confusing and overwhelming. In that case, Here is a helpful Infographic.
Do you need something a bit more straightforward? Contact us today at 905-684-8161.
Here at Regional Doors & Hardware, we’re experts in everything to do with garages, garage doors, and garage door openers. We can help you answer any questions and find the perfect garage door opener that fits your home, needs, and specific budget.
Maybe you’re thinking ahead and wondering “Why not change the garage door at the same time?” No point in having a fancy new garage door opener attached to an ancient garage door. Use our 3 styles to help you choosing the perfect garage door for you. You can even design the perfect garage door for your home and style using our Design Centre or browse all our pictures.
Add new comment